Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18

So I've been slacking (surprise surprise.)  But here I am at 4:20pm sitting at my desk reading an old high school friends blog and I was reminded to update mine. 

Things aren't so different lately.  I've tried to take more time for myself and relax, not be such a spaz.  I'm trying to save money in different little ways, trying to conserve my gas - cause the shit goes up like a gazillion .99999 tenths of a cents a day or something like that.  I'm contemplating calling my old co-worker and checking on our credit scores and income situation, hopefully we'll be in the market for a house within the next 4 years or so (big step.. yea, scary!)

I'm terrified of my credit.  I was very young and extremely dumb when my first credit card came in the mail.  I still have that card to this day, barely used but pushed to the limit because of unbelievable rates that if I had any sense when I was 18 I would have turned down.  I have a few more and I rarely use them.  I try to pay them on time but every now and then it just happens.  I forget a due date (even though they are marked in pen and highlighter on my calendar.) Or money runs tight that week and I believe the lights and groceries are more important than a pitiful little late fee, until I get the next bill showcasing that pitiful little late fee. 

I think (I didn't look) that my last blog was about my upcoming vacation to the mountains.  Well we went, it was wonderful, despite forgetting all of the food back home in the cooler in the fridge.  We lived like teenagers on junk food, chips, dip, and margaritas.  The jacuzzi was a play ground to us which we totally ignored the rules (ie. no bubbles, lotions, oils in tub.)  Yea, eventually the bubbles were beginning to take over the living room.  But it was bliss.  Sleeping in, soaking in a tub with a margarita in hand, strolling around through the woods, catching a movie when you wanted to, eating when you wanted to, no schedules, no pressing chores to get done, no arguing about anything at all.  Loved it.

Loved it so much, in fact, we're taking another trip.  Tomorrow afternoon to be exact.  After work we are loading up and heading out to the beach.  I've been watching the weather the last few days with horror, but recently our bad run of rain storms seems to have broken and I am looking at a 79+ degree weekend of sand, salt, and fishing!  We have never been fishing before and its something we always said we would do but never made time for it.  So hopefully all will go well.  I have directions in my purse, along with reservation information and I shit load of clothes to pack this evening when I get home from work.  Oh... I cannot forget!  Must...Shave...Legs....  they are ridiculous, its pretty sad how lazy I can get wearing pants all day at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment